Southwest Contemporary Women’s Care was formed in 2011 with the merger of Southwest Women’s Care and Contemporary Care for Women, which have been caring for patients since 1981. Our three offices are conveniently located throughout the Southeast Valley and serve residents and visitors in Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert, Ahwatukee, Levine, Maricopa, Mesa, and Sun Lakes.
Our Pledge To You…
- Provide you with the highest quality care
- Ensure your privacy at all times
- Allow you all possible resources to help you prevent health problems
- Give you choices that permit decisions based on facts and informed consent
What Makes Us Unique?
High-risk Deliveries — Our providers are able to retain care of many high-risk obstetrics patients due to specialized training and experience including in diabetic counseling.
In-office Procedures — By performing much of the minimally invasive outpatient surgery in-office, we save our patients time and money. Whenever possible, we perform minimally invasive (rather than open) procedures to reduce the risk of infection and reduce the time and discomfort of recovery. In-Office Procedures include:
- Endometrial uterine ablations (Novasure, HTA, Minerva)
- Exam under anesthesia
- Hysteroscopy, dilation, and curettage (D&C)
- Hysteroscopy, polypectomy
- Hysteroscopy, myomectomy
- Hysteroscopy, IUD removal and reinsert
- IUD removal and reinsert (w/o Hysteroscopy)
- LEEP Treatments
- Vulvar Excisions
Hospital Affiliation Banner Desert Medical Center
When hospitalization is necessary, this is our primary facility. Our practice has grown with this top-rated Mesa facility which offers premier gynecologic and ambulatory facilities, offers Level II neonatal intensive care, and pediatric emergency services. The two Southwest Contemporary hospitalists are leading the hospitalist program and we offer 24/7 coverage to ensure that your care is seamless from office to the hospital.
To be a physician at SWCWC is to have high expectations from patients, staff, and fellow providers. Peer-to-peer physician review is performed regularly to ensure that each member of our team continues to achieve excellence in all facets of their service.
Mammography – Genius 3D mammogram is now available to our patients at the Tempe office. All images are reviewed by one of two world-renowned diagnostic radiologists who specialize in breast imaging. This benefits SWCWC patients with a below-average callback rate which helps maximize cancer detection while minimizing unnecessary biopsies.
Our Advanced Practice Providers have more than 100 years of combined experience with an average of 11 years of tenure. Among their unique offerings:
- Genetic and diabetic counseling
- Certified Nurse Midwives are part of the 24.7 coverage at Banner Desert
- Educators in the ASU Doctorate Nursing program
- Colposcopy certified
- Specialized in interstitial cystitis
- Certified in the LEEP procedure (next level of colposcopy)
Staff Member Longevity
Research reveals that employee longevity increases customer satisfaction so it shouldn’t be surprising that Southwest Contemporary has high patient ratings. A large percentage of our staff members have been with us for 10 or more years. Patients come in and recognize friendly faces (even with masks!) at the front desk and throughout their visit.