By Lacie Martin, Guest Blogger
Are you juggling a full-time career with full-time parenting? There’s no getting around the fact that you’re in quite a challenging position. However, while there are no magic answers for striking the perfect balance, there are things you can do that will help you be a great parent and a great worker at the same time. Here are some examples:
Give Your Children Things to Do
Kids are happier when they’re busy, and you get more done.
● Consider allowing your children a little more screen time on workdays. You could even restrict it to educational shows and games.
● If you have an exercise routine that you do at home, include your kids now and then.
● Invest in a good set of headphones so that your kids can watch shows and play games without distracting you from your work.
● Engage and entertain your baby with a jumper.
Take Care of Your Work Responsibilities
Particularly if your family depends on your income, it’s critical to get your work done (and do it well).
● Set up a home office or workspace that helps you maintain your focus.
● Make sure you have all the tools and equipment you need for success.
● Establish a solid work schedule, set boundaries with your family, and be willing to modify your schedule.
Hire Professionals to Help
You don’t have to do everything yourself. Get help for some of the household tasks that take up so much of your time.
● If you need help keeping your lawn and landscaping in shape, hire services for that too.
● For help maintaining a clean and tidy home, hire a cleaning service.
● And look for a good contractor or handyman that you can bring in for home repairs when the need arises.
Remember to Practice Self-Care
Your overall health and well-being play an essential role in your quality of work and parenting.
● Make sure you are getting plenty of rest each night, and find relaxing activities that you can add to your daily/weekly routine.
● Be diligent about eating a healthy diet, including snacks.
● And if you don’t exercise, start today. There are plenty of at-home workouts that can benefit your overall health and productivity levels.
Being a work-from-home parent with kids at home is hard. But if you take certain steps, you can set yourself up to succeed at both parenting and working. Check into these tips and resources so you can keep your home and work life balanced.